Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by David K.):

robertr558 wrote:
Go to Diamondresortshoa.com and log in with your username and password. I just found this and it looks like some interesting reading. There are no minutes since 2009. There are meeting presentations up to 2013. There are no bylaws, no newsletters. There is a one page budget. I called Diamond and asked who to contact for more information but the representative could not tell me. There is email contact through the web site and I sent a message. Let's see if I get a reply.

To follow up on this I found out the following on the HOA website referred to by Robert and by some further Googling as well:

(1) 2006 through 2009 there were no annual meeting. Directors were elected and actions taken through "consent documents" supposedly in accordance with ARS 10-3821 (will have to look this up). Directors all appear to be affiliated with ILX. (2) For 2010 there is NOTHING (3) 2011 there is a meeting. It appears DRI has taken over by this point. No documentation is provided relating to the ILX bankruptcy and DRI takeover or how that relates to the HOA.

(4) The three 2014 Board Officers: Frank Goeckel, President; Linda Riddle, Vice President; and Kathy Wheeler, Secretary/Treasurer are ALL EMPLOYEES OF DRI.

(5) There are two other directors who do not appear to be employees of DRI. I found their contact info elsewhere online:

Robert Braatz, Director - a retired Air Force pilot living in Flagstaff 4855 E Crestview St Flagstaff, AZ 86004-5201 (928) 526-2209

Ann Teich, Director - a mortgage loan underwriter in the Phoenix area 506 W. Grandview Road Phoenix, AZ, 85023 (602) 439-5555

It would be interesting to hear what these people might have to say about the issues being raised in this discussion (as well as others on RedWeek which touch on Los Abrigados and/or the kind of management being provided by DRI.