Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Thank you for the Posts! (by Charles S.):

westw wrote:
I want to sincerly thank you for your public service of posting your issues here about Diamond Int'l. I have read EVERY SINGLE ONE and have followed all the links and outside stories. I recently purchased into Diamond, came home and did my research. Because of your first-hand accounts I have canceled within 24 hours of the 7 Day Cancellation Period! I want you all to know that you HAVE FOUGHT BACK and are being heard! I especially want to thank MichaelD for his posts ( I am so sorry you had to lose $55k! Filing a lawsuit and requesting discovery is not expensive, btw--let me know and I will help you be Pro per-represent yourself--after discovery you can get atty for free to represent that class but hurry due to statute of limitations!) and others who have explained the risks. My wife and I discussed at length the difference between the sales pitch and actual escrow discussion and the actual contract. We have NO GUARANTEE that assessments could be controlled, or properties available. We saw that we could rent the same properties at hotel.com for less than the CURRENT (new!) assessments. We will potentially look into marriots, or even rent from timeshare owners (not an option with a point system- public listings are prohibited in contract- so contact me if you want to rent a week). Again, thank you! (BTW, I too think "Charles" is DRI plant)

Hello, your local DRI plant here. :-) Amazing that because you don't disagree with others' view or don't have the same experiences that are negative that you have to be a plant or something. Anyhow....

I own Marriott as well. When Marriott went to the points system, I read almost all of the same complaints that I read about DRI as it pertains to their system. Weeks owners with Marriott say it is a Ponzi scheme, etc. In fact, there is a class action suit filed against Marriott by a weeks owner stating that his timeshare has been devalued since Marriott went to the points system. When you are dealing with lots of people, there are going to be varying opinions.

DRI does rent their units cheaper than maintenance fees in certain places. This usually depends on the time of year and the location. I see weeks owners renting their units out for less than maintenance fees as well. It's all about supply and demand. I don't think weeks owners at Hawaii resorts want to rent their units for less than maintenance fees, but we all would rather recover some costs as opposed to nothing at all. I believe DRI does the same thing. However, I know that they also do this to generate sales.

I would again like to invite you all to our Facebook page for Diamond Resorts Members. We now have over 2000 owners on our page and we discuss issues positive and negative. We have DRI owners from all over the world as members. Some are happy and some are not. We have enough people on our site now that DRI reads it and we have been able to get some changes in the system. I know some of you think I am a plant, but I am a knowledgeable one. :-) Come to our site and learn how to maximize your membership and unite with us to bring about change in the DRI system. There is strength in numbers.