Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Beth M.):

I bought with ILX as well and now own Diamond. I have posted my points for resale here. There was no option of giving your points back when Diamond took over. It specifically was not allowed. They will not accept points back. Period. Even when I joined the Club to expand my resort options, Diamond still limited me, specifically not allowing me to exchange into Hawaii (lots of other places too but Hawaii was what I cared about). Even joining the Club I had a restricted membership. I was able to complain often enough that they finally cancelled my club membership, so now I am restricted to the original ILX resorts. The good thing about that is that I can honestly sell my points (or give away really), knowing what resorts are options and what the maintenance fees are. Diamond would not have allowed me to transfer my Club membership anyway.

It is true that all timeshare companies have issues. I have loved my Shell one, but it is in Hawaii, so it gets constant use. Shell was just purchased by Wyndham in the last year, so I will see what changes come with that.