Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Buying Marriott Destinations points (by Kathryn M.):

Thanks to all of you who answered. Yes, we did a whopping $1995 to enter the Destinations Program--because they considered one of our three weeks an "external sale"--but it wasn't really as a relative deeded the property to us and charged us nothing. He just wasn't using it and he was paying a maintenance fee for no benefit. We do have exactly 6,500 points--so we were told we were Premier members. However, I think they are treating us like second class citizens because we haven't bought any of those outrageously expensive points! I went online and found a list of benefits for "premier" members--and turns out we don't get the full benefits. Did you know that these "full" members can exchange 65% of their Destination points for Marriott Reward Points? And they also claimed that when we exchange we can only draw from the pool of weeks owners (the "sold" inventory) an not the "unsold" inventory? I wonder how legal it is to have two sets of benefits for the same program? At the presentation they were calling our "Destination Club Points" "Potential" Destination Club Points"--meaning pay us another $13,000 to transform our "potential" points to these "Destination Points on Steroids"--their term! Like we haven't filled their pockets in the past! I really do question just how legal all of this is. I also think they are attempting to scare us into thinking our points as they are, are worthless.