Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Holiday Inn Club points not transferred when reselling? (by Tracey S.):

I think there are 2 or 3 locations where the points do transfer but in general they do not. Orange Lake is one location that does not transfer. Upon resale the week reverts back to the deeded week only for the new owner. This way they can use it as an excuse to get money to convert the week again.

It is fairly common in the timesharing world to have converted fixed or floating weeks in membership points system to not transfer upon resale. If the points are deeded into a trust then the points generally transfer but if you retain the actual deed to a specific unit then the points won't follow the sale.

In general the developer doesn't care if the resale value is low. If it is low enough and they need excess inventory they can reacquire some. By not allowing the benefits to transfer upon sale they eliminate the resale competition so when someone says - why should I buy from you for $$X when I can buy it for $1.00 resale, they can say but if you buy resale you would not have access to the full program including the internal exchange system.