Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: belaire golf resort and spa (by Lois J.):

The latest news regarding Belaire - U Hotel. We purchased a unit at Belaire in January 2007. Since that time every time I returned to Puerto Vallarta I would go there to see what was going on. This time I resisted because I heard from someone who was staying at Bayview which is next door, that it was all boarded up. Yesterday, I visited a friend at Velas Vallarta and just on a whim I decided to really see what was really happening up close. I walked over and in the drive was a large truck with a sign on the side that said potable water. The front is boarded up but the door was opened to the area and without asking anyone I just walked in. Of course, someone came out and asked why I was there. I told him that I was one of the persons who had purchased Belaire as a timeshare. He invited me in and there were about a dozen men and women working in the area where the restaurant was. He invited me to sit down and he told me that he was part of the group that recently purchased the property from the Mexican government for pennies on the peso. They were there fixing it up as they were going to open it today, not to sell this location but somewhere else, He gave me a piece of paper with the U Hotel logo on it which included a form to fill out. Various other literature was on the table also. He invited me back to hear what was going on and they would pay my taxi from where I was staying. Since it was on the way to the airport I agreed, at least get part of my taxi money paid. I told him I had limited time. I asked him a few questions like where is Antonio Copella. He is in jail in Vegas he said and he has cancer. I asked about the units upstairs and he told me they were all gone. By the way the hair salon was still there just like it was closed for the day and nothing had been taken out. All the shampoo bottles were there and all other products were on the shelves. Not sure what is left in the kitchen where they cooked for the restaurant. I returned today and was ushered into the tent up front. Two other groups of people were talking to someone. They offered me breakfast but I declined. They handed me another survey which I was to fill out like how many timeshares presentations did I go to, where do I own and on and on. They then told me that they were involved in buying condominiums and basically I would be signing my rights over to Belaire and getting involved with the 91 condos that they "own". Of course, added money would be needed. I did get a bit huffy when they asked for photo ID and to see a credit card and the female there said that I was so nice yesterday why was I not today. No way was I going to listen to the lies all over again. They wanted me to sign something and then they would give me a promissory note, whatever that would mean. I told the guy I was speaking to and he said his father is the one who purchased the land, that the only time I would sign anything over is if someone gave ME money, dollars or pesos. I did question him as to what the class action suit meant that has been "won",and he just blew that off saying that the property had many liens against it. With that I left and added that I will spread the word as much as possible of the new scam that has been started. By the way the yard is full of weeds and the escalator is still bundled up in the yard. They did not want me near the area looking at the structure. When will it ever end. Has anyone else had the same experience?