Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Suitelife Vacations anyone? (by Jerry A.):

I just received the "reminder" asking me to pay the fee, with a $25 US late fee tacked on. I have no intention of paying. I've also received monthly email reminders, which I have not responded to (although it would have felt good to vent - but I'm sure any responses other than a payment would have been ignored) The more people who refuse to pay, the stronger we are - and the more effort it would take for them to get a collection agency involved. At our house, if we don't recognize the number that comes up on our call display, we don't answer it. They can call as many times as they like, they won't get anywhere with us. We are through with these scammers.

I've been hearing radio ads for "TimeshareExitTeam", a law firm that specializes in getting people out of timeshare contracts. Search them up on Google, they have an office in Toronto. While ours is not strictly a timeshare, the one-sided contract is very similar. Maybe this is one avenue to explore. If we get a decent sized group together, it might be cheaper than hiring them individually.

I think I will wait to see if they really send this to a collection agency or if it's just posturing.

By the way, "Triad International Corporation" is the financing arm of Resort Villas/SuiteLife. And they are not a registered collection agency. So if you get letters or calls from them, just ignore.