Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Boomer):

Hi Sharon--In case you do not know the history of that building, I know about 45 years worth . It has changed names and the north side split off. For example in the 1970s, the area of the building now known as Manhattan Club was part of the hotel and was owned by Sheraton Hotels and known as The New York Sheraton. In, I believe, the mid 1980s, it was sold to Omni Hotels and was renamed as the Omni Park Central. In the 1990s, it was sold again to a private group and just became the Park Central Hotel. It was in the early 2000s that the north side of the building was split off from the hotel and became the Manhattan Club. I have no idea when the address for the north side of the building was legally changed to 200 W. 56th Street, but I believe it was the early 2000s. As an aside, some additional history is the north side of the building on the ground floor served as the area for retail and service type operations for the guests (e.g. gift shop, beauty shop, barber shop) Also, FYI, NY Mob figure Albert Anastasia (head of what was known as Murder Inc.) was murdered himself in 1957 in the barber shop of the building. At that time it was known as the Park Sheraton Hotel.

sharon177 wrote:
I was just looking at a copy of our deed from Dec 1998 and I noticed that we have a particular unit # in the building known as The Park Central Condominium and the street number is 870 Seventh Ave. This is the Park Central Hotel. Does this mean that my timeshare is actually located in the Park Central Hotel, not The Manhattan Club? We've always stayed at 200 West 56th Street. Now I'm confused...not that I wasn't before.