Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Sally W.):

Where is it written that the NYSG is seeking $7 million in restitution for us TMC owners? I think it most likely that the State of NY will get the $7 million, or whatever amount is determined, as a penalty against the criminals. I didn't read anywhere that they are seeking punitive damages for timeshare owners. I hope I'm wrong, but we have to keep in mind that this case is not a lawsuit by owners against TMC, but a criminal investigation by the State into real estate fraud and mismanagement. Perhaps, if everyone writes to the Judge and the NYAG strongly requesting that TMC be forced to buy back our fraudulently sold timeshares as part of the penalty, we might have an impact in the final outcome against Eichner & gang.

irenes93 wrote:
I agree 7 million dollars is not enough restitution for 18,000+ TMC Owners. This is where we TMC owners need to flex our muscles. Let's all write to the NY AG and Judge Rakower letting them know 7 million dollars is not enough. TMC Owners started the NY AG investigation with our letters now we can move this settlement more to our benefit with our letters.

Here are the addresses:

Atty. Serwat Farooq New York Attorney General’s Office Asst. Attorney General 120 Broadway, 23th Floor New York, NY 10271

Honorable Justice Eileen Rakower, Supreme Court of the State of New York 71 Thomas St. Part 15 New York, New York 10013 Dear Justice Rakower: Regarding case number 451536/2014: Schneiderman vs Eichner:

Irene Smalls