Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Stu M.):

rhodat2 wrote:
I am interested in hearing from those who have successfully sold their timeshare on Redweek.com

I'm not a dealer, just a timeshare owner/user, and over the past 10-12 years I've sold three or four on Redweek and two thru TimeSharing Today magazine. Nothing much to it. First, study the market for your timeshare via eBay, Redweek, TimeSharing Today, T.U.G. and others. Then, have a closing company lined up so that if/when you have a buyer things can move ahead swiftly. I've been partial to Chicago Title's Timeshare Division based in Escondido, CA. They are, however, a little higher priced than some if not many you'll find advertised in, for example, TimeSharing Today. Beyond that, just write up your ad, determine your price (and whether you are firm or asking), place your ad, and pray daily if not hourly for a buyer. Depending on the price of what you're selling, you might ask for 10% or 20% earnest money up front with the balance paid into an escrow account with the closing company. But in this market, you might find yourself not getting but paying monies. If you are trying to get rid of a "bargain basement" timeshare (as advertised on the T.U.G. web site free or for $1), you might be paying most or all of the closing costs and on top of that a year's maintenance -- just to get rid of whatever it is you don't want anymore. And, mainly, be patient. Very patient.