Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Anfi Del Mar, Gran Canaria (by Christopher D.):

Health & Safety issues at Anfi.

Abuse and threats of violence Anfi are putting their Sales Representatives under by failing to apply relevant Timeshare Laws, as mentioned in my “reply #1” above on this thread.

I attended the Anfi reception to collect guests at 15.05 hours and met a family of 3. The wife was adamant she did not want to do a presentation. The husband said they were booked to leave on the ferry at 16.00 hours that same afternoon, but the VPR (OPC) had told them they could collect their gifts any way. I informed them they had to attend a 90 minutes presentation in order to qualify for their gifts. The wife was still adamant she was not taking a presentation and the husband insisted he wanted the gifts there and then. I looked around the reception area and there was no sign of any reception staff at all. The member of staff who had booked them in had failed to remain and introduce me to the guests. While searching for any one from the reception staff, I saw the British Cold Line Sales Manager (BCLSM) outside watching and listening to this incident. I explained the circumstances to him. He replied “you have to take them out because they are on your stats. (I will interject at this point and refer to a famous quote from Mark Twain. “Lies, damn lies and statistics are used to affirm a weak argument”). I managed to calm them down and took them straight to the sales area, which was my only option at that time. The A-Z of the presentation rule book was impossible to apply.

Due to the husband’s aggressive manner and demanding the gifts they had been promised by the OPC, at 15.50 hours that same day, we were joined by an Assistant Manager. While I was explaining the circumstances to the Assistant Manager, the husband jumped up from his chair and started banging on the table shouting “my son has been promised his gifts”. The husband continued shouting and banging on the table demanding the gifts. The whole sales area went quiet as people stopped what they were doing to watch and listen to this situation. The Assistant Manager advised the family they had not taken part in a 90 minute presentation and did not qualify for their gifts. The commotion at our table became far worse with the father shouting “my son has been conned and lied to by your company, you are a disgrace, look at him, he is only 4 years old” and then he shouted swear words as he was leaving. The family left and caught their 16.00 hours ferry from the ferry point at Anfi Island.

During my time occasionally a guest demanded to see a Manager in order to make a complaint regarding their being brought into Anfi for a Timeshare presentation under false pretences and misleading information about collecting their gifts. In my “reply #3” of this thread, there are links which show these issues date back a good number of years. Anfi continue to do nothing about this serious Health & Safety issue even though they are, and have been aware for a good number of years.

These and many more practises mentioned in this thread are not unique to Anfi, however, I am posting from “first hand” knowledge and experience of working at Anfi Del Mar. I have received correspondence from “Denuncio Estafa” who are taking a keen interest in Anfi and other Timeshare resorts in Spain.

On the Anfi Cold Line Sales, there were 3 sales teams. The Blue badges, orange badges and “the chosen few” (BCLSM’s friends) which was a mixture of blue and orange badges. On many occasions I witnessed one of the “chosen few” collecting their guests from the reception area and returning within 20 minutes, and having this guest removed from their statistics. The “chosen one” would go straight back to the top of the list in order to take the next guest out on a presentation.

Employment Laws being breached.

The Working day started at 09.00 hours. The ‘cut off point’ for collecting a guest from the reception area was 16.00 hours, however, sometimes you would collect a guest at 16.15 hours because the guest had not arrived by 16.00 hours but were ‘on their way in’.

A full presentation would take approximately 3 hours. Sometimes the guests would discuss their joining for another hour, or more. A decision to join was frequently made approximately 20.30 hours. The contractual paperwork then had to be completed, which could sometimes add another hour or more to the process. There were occasions I never left Anfi Del Mar until 22.00 that day, making a total of 13 hours.

Spanish employment Laws state ACTUAL WORKING HOURS CANNOT EXCEED 9 PER DAY, and AT LEAST 12 hours must elapse between the end of one working day and the start of the following working day.

On Wednesday 15th April 2015, immediately prior to the 09.00 hours morning meeting, I received verbal abuse and was threatened with violence and being “put through the f****** window”. (Will be posted at a later date because a report was submitted to Anfi HR that day). That same day I collected guests from the reception area and these guests decided to make a purchase and join Anfi. By the time the paperwork was completed I had well exceeded the 9 hour working day. I still had to attend the 09.00 hours morning meeting on Thursday 16th April 2015.

The Anfi ‘New owners BBQ’ was always on a Thursday of each week. Having been at the morning meeting 09.00 hours that morning, it was compulsory to attend the BBQ and meet your guests in order to answer any questions your clients had and to consolidate your sales. I never left Anfi Del Mar until 22.00 hours that evening. Besides the threat of violence, these were 2 consecutive days when I worked a lot more hours than the legal 9 hours allowed by Law.