Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Jill S.):

Pauld220 and Others: I have followed these email strings for about 18 months and have learned a lot about TMC's legal troubles . . . And the concerns of many disgruntled owners. Thanks to Red Week for providing the only central source of information I've been able to find on the Internet. Let's all think positively for as quick a remedy as possible and, please, let's think kindly of one another's predicaments.

I own 3 timeshares. TMC was my 2nd purchase. Believe me when I say I had buyer's remorse big time when I purchased my 3rd (and last) timeshare, and in the past 18 months I've rolled back the remorse to my TMC purchase just because of all that I've learned from reading these posts.

I keep my balance by reminding myself of all of the below:

1. I like and use the TMC every year, or I sell my reservation and recoup some of my maintenance fees. I have never been stiffed by Financial Services (TMC's reservations center in East Stroudsburg, PA), but I ask a lot of questions and confirm everything in writing when I make a transaction. This is good consumer practice for any "large purchase" (which varies for each one of us).

2. Whenever I experience even the slightest remorse, I force myself to learn more -- albeit, after the fact -- about the timeshare industry. This always happens everytime I have to pay maintenance fees.

3. In the timeshare industry, there is a world of difference between the sales operatives and the resort operatives. The latter are in this for the long haul. They have always tried their best (including TMC) to help me enjoy my ownership. As for the former, they are/were only interested in a quick sale. I/we never see these people again. I keep looking for a way out of timeshare ownership but realize it takes time to disentangle myself from what were "impulse" purchases - - - darn me anyway! In the meanwhile, I do my best to live up to my financial obligations, enjoy my timeshares until I can sell all of them, and remain positive and diligent.

I hope this helps.