Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Dennis C.):

You need to do what is best for you . Not being an apologist, but don't compare a generic hotel room for 2, with a TMC unit sleeping 4 + kitchen. You'd need to find hotel suites to compare.

sallyw109 wrote:
Our family could stay at just about any comparable or better hotel in NYC for 5 or 6 nights, for the amount of money we spend on our split week (3 nights one year, 4 nights the next year, etc.) at the TMC. The TMC hotel staff are quite nice. But I bought on condition that I could book my 3 or 4 nights with only 3-4 weeks notice. That has been changed to 1 year's notice and I can't predict my family's future with that much certainty. TMC has raised maintenance fees so excessively and unnecessarily (in spite of the sales pitch that they rarely increase), that just about any NYC hotel would be cheaper, and certainly easier to book. So why keep the timeshare? I feel so good that I finally quit paying anything to TMC and no longer consider myself a member. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.