Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Chris V.):

bravo, leslie!!! i paid maintenance for my one bedroom this year only because it suited my need for convenience to use it for several reasons; otherwise, maintenance would have remained unpaid. (i also own a penthouse suite NOT HAVING PAID MAINTENANCE). i live within 50 miles of manhattan so i use the suite for one night each month from may to december (then it's off to fla in my condo). anyway, the nights i've stayed since may have been pleasant; however concerning the each of the suites i've had so far: carpeting, couches need replacing; the other furniture looks beat up (esp. those made of wood), and the elevators are, as expected, S L O W. i have to believe that your doubletree suite was BETTER APPOINTED THAN THE MC'S, and as you said, "it's less expensive and easier to book a room!!!"

so again, BRAVO. i join you in withholding maintenance fees, except for the above comments.

chris

lesliel167 wrote:
I have stayed at Doubletree many times. All rooms are 2 room suites. They are every bit as well appointed as MC. The elevators are bigger faster and don't keep you waiting. Considering my MC maintenance fee it's less expensive and easier to book a room!!! I, too, have stopped paying these exorbitant fees. ...Les