Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Time share cancellation and deed return question-PLEASE HELP (by Bruno P.):

Hello,

Would appreciate some input here on what i should do. We are CANADIANS and I have owned the deed to our timeshare in Florida for approx 10yrs. It is FULLY PAID OFF and have made yearly payments when it comes to maintenance fees on time as well as contributing to renovation funds throughout the 10 yrs. We owe no money to them.

We have come to a point in our lives where we are retired and unfortunately are not able to afford the maintenance fees anymore. We want out. No, we are not going to try to sell the place or rent it out.

The resort at first told me that i couldn't get out, then they changed their story and told me that i would have to pay the maintenance fees coming up in Jan 2017th and they would take the deed back after i sent them the signed transferred deed form.

My question is: Do i really need to pay them the $1000 January fees in order to get out? I feel they are trying to get the last bit of money out of me before they take the deed back. Money is real tight, we just can't afford to pay that. What is the worst thing that can happened if don 't pay the fees and send them the signed form to take the deed back without paying? Will my credit score be damaged since i am Canadian?

Can they come after me legally? Nowhere on my contract that i can see says anything regarding getting out other than on the first 10 days of signing the contract.

Thank you in advance