Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Donate for a Cause (by KC):

billi48 wrote:
I have a Timeshare with Bluegreen Vacations by Bass Proshops. The cost was about 18,000 and it is full paid for. There are no maintenance fees due. I don't really care about recouping my money because I know that is probably not going to happen. What I want to know is if DFC really does guarantee getting rid of your Timeshare?

You should probably be aware that James Tarpey (the principal player in "Donate for a Cause") is currently a little busy with the U.S. Department of Justice --- and may be busy with the IRS thereafter. Also, you'd have to first pay DFAC as much as several thousand dollars for them to take your timeshare anyhow --- if they weren't already quite busy with "other matters" right now.

In short, you might want to look for some other different avenue for the disposal of your unwanted timeshare. You could, for example, try to give it away on the "Bargain Deals" section of the Timeshare Users Group (see http://www.tug2.net). Good luck.