Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Groupwise... (by KC):

royvb wrote:
They are a legitimate business and I used them successfully for a week I had. <snip> They assumed my ownership, apparently through a proxy owner. And I was never again billed an annual assessment.

GroupWise (known to many as a "PostCard Company") does not "assume anyone's ownership". More accurately, after a willing "customer" pays them serious upfront money, GroupWise has that "customer" sign a Power of Attorney, authorizing Groupwise to "dispose" of the timeshare on behalf of the customer / owner. This may involve nothing more than offering it on eBay for a buck. Groupwise doesn't particularly care about the selling price --- after all, they already have their money from the owner / customer. GW may also get a "piece" of the closing costs from their "affiliated" closing entity, but I am not certain about that particular detail. What I do know is that until such time as there is a closing, the "customer" remains the legal owner of record.