Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO (by James S.):

Dear Steve, My name is Jay Sciarappa. I am currently 52 years old. I was born and raised in Brooklyn New York until I joined the US Navy in 1985. I stayed in the Navy 10 active years and then left the military with an honarable discharge in 1995/1996. I currently work for International Paper in Rome Georgia as an operations reliability manager. ( I make a good salary 150k but would give it up for an opportunity that I always dreamed of). I’m not much of a TV watcher, but did watch your show last night on undercover boss (Diamond Resorts). Why I am writing this email to you is because you reminded me so much of myself in the way when you walked into some of your hotels/resorts and couldn’t believe what you were witnessing with the way the properties were being ran. (You pay high wages I’m sure to upper management for overseeing your expectations). Obviously in this case it wasn’t happening. Enough of that. What I wanted to say is I’m that guy when you walked into your hotels..My wife thinks I’m crazy because anywhere we go , that’s me. I’ll walk into a department store (Lowe’s for example, and say this place is a mess, look at all these people standing around etc... I always turn to my wife and say, boy I wish ran these stores , I would have a field day with the managers. My wife always shakes her head and says keep dreaming. I replied to her if I ran all these stores I would save each store 200k plus a year or better if I ran them ( High expectations).just like the way you demonstrated on your show). I’m that guy.. I always say the same things when I stay at hotels or on cruises( We travel a lot). I would tell my wife, why doesn’t anyone see this mess by the pool, why is the landscaping behind etc... it drives me crazy. Well what I’m saying is if you ever need “That guy” I would love to meet you and have a real discussion one day. My wife says I always dream big but thinks I’m crazy to still dream at the age of 52. I told her I always worked hard and will still give 110% until the day I retire. Just like my dad did. Well Steve, like I tell my wife, this email is a long shot, just like when I bet the Kentucky Derby every year, I bet the long shots.

Thank You Kindly Sir, Jay Sciarappa Rome Ga 1-706-346-6003