Disappointment

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Disappointment (by Geraldine K.):

linda255 wrote:
jimm271 wrote:
I am very disappointed. I was told that I could exchange my two bedroom for two weeks in a one-bedroom anywhere in the world. Therefore, I deposited my two weeks with Interval International in Dec 2005. I have tried to exchange it for another place with NO LUCK. That is over one year without NO RESULTS! Plus. I had to pay $39/week to deposit the two weeks. Then they charged me $135 per week to get an exchange, which I never received. On Top of that, they keep raising the maintenance fee. The Maintenance fee is $720 this year. And yet the place is falling apart. You explain how many units they have times 52 weeks x $720. That comes to a hell of a lot of money. Where does it go? To the owners and managers – not to maintenance and upkeep. $720 + $270 + 78 = $1,068 That should buy a decent vacation someplace nice. And I cannot get an exchange anyway.

Good luck! Best, Jim

Good Luck trying to sell. I (unfortunetly) own two weeks at Calypso Cay. Last year I tried to sell a three bedroom and and the most I was offered was $6500. I asked the sales manager if he would consider selling one of the units for me and he just laughed at me. I told him how unprofessional the entire sales department is and that he, himself had lied to us to get us to purchase the additional unit and guess what ? He just laughed again. I hope someone takes some interest in bettering the place before it gets much worse. Have you heard that there is no longer going to be a lazy river? It's just another zero entry pool with a slide or two.

Best of Luck , Linda

did you end up taking the offer of $6500?