Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: WALK AWAY FROM TIMESHARE (by Carrie S.):

jons29 wrote:
carries25 wrote:
jayjay,

We had the same idea, but at the time, retirement was a long way away. It's amazing how time flies! Some people have bought even more than 7 or 9.

You're right about the changes in timeshares. Although Marriott Desert Springs is still worth it to me.

So I'm glad a didn't buy a bundle of TSs. I guess jons29 doesn't under stand about donating and the IRS. Here's one place where the IRS is your friend. hahahahaha

Carrie;

Then fill me/us in, instead of just an LOL. I am fairly well versed in IRS procedures, but maybe you know something I don't. Care to share?

As a PS: We know an individual who owns 19 weeks, all in one location!?!

jons29,

I don't know more than basic investment deductions and charitable donations. For donations, you can donate something you paid, say $100 in the past, but now it's worth $10,000. The charitable write off is based on the value at the time of donation. You can sometimes get a nice placque with your name on it, or some such hoohaw, at the recipient's home base.

It's always cool to donate collectibles or things of value that have no real value to you, like old stocks and coins that have cluttered up your safe box. Collections of historical items are always good, too.

BTW, at the Desert Springs, there is a guy, possibly dead now, who bought a whole year and lives there year-round. That was in the original offering. Don't know if it happens now.

C.