Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Interval International / (by Mike N.):

nanh9 wrote:
mike1536 wrote:
nanh9 wrote:
waltk wrote:
What the latest opinion on Interval International? What problems are members having using there services?
I've always traded my weeks thru II and have been totally happy- always! I had to deposit in Sept. to get a unit in Scottsdale in mid-Feb, but other than that one early request, I love them! I'm maybe going to try RCI this year as I bought a SVC timeshare and they use the RCI system. I'll see how it compares.
============== Is the unit a part of the RCI Points program,or is it a traditional RCI week resort? If the SVC trades with RCI Points, then you will find the system more flexible (assuming you bought a package with enough points to fit your needs). You can see all that's available and the number of points required. If you do not have enough points, there are various ways to obtain more. If your current TS is an RCI weeks resort then you can deposit that TS into the RCI system and get addtional points. However, if you want to travel to a high demand area, be sure sure to put in your request at the beginning of the 10 month window for reservations. Gooe Luck Mike

My SVC timeshare is points, and my other one is traditional weeks (floating, red). I only bought enough points with SVC to get into the program. I can use my traditional time share thru SVC and RCI on either a points or week system. I'm still trying to figure it all out, but I think that if I convert my traditional TS into RCI points I loose trading power. I get 26,000 RCI points for it. If I want to book time in Scottsdale for mid Feb 2009 (a very busy time there) I might not have enough points to get a week. If I go thru II there is no problem getting into a TS providing I book early enough. What I'm not sure about is if I book thru RCI using the weekly system. I should be able to trade the week but only if they have one available. After reading a lot of these forums I'm a bit scared that they may not have availability even if I deposit it at the beginning of the 10 month period.

I only bought 1750 SVC points and am just starting to use them. So far I really like the flexibility it gives me. I'm doing 4 days in Vegas and 3 days in Scottsdale next month and had to borrow a few points from next year to do it, but that was ok. When I bought the timeshare I figured I'd buy the minimum to get into the points program and then buy a resale if I wanted more points. I'm thinking of possibly selling my traditonal TS and using that money to buy a resale SVC points time share. I have noticed that any TS that have a points system retain their value better than the traditional timeshares.

============ If your current tradition TS trades well on II, I'd stick with that unless you want the flexibility of shorter vacations. If you convert your traditional week to RCI Points you can convert it on a year-by-year "as needed" basis (unless the entire resort is converting to Points, then it is a "do all or nothing" proposition). I do not know how your 1750 SVC points translates into an RCI exchange, but 26,000 RCI Points from your TS will get you a 1 BR or studio at many resorts, though probably not a Gold Crown Resort or places like Hawaii. Check resort reviews carefully as RCI "standard" resorts are sometimes nothing more than converted motels or are in dire need of an upgrade. Mike