Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Interval International / (by James W.):

Others have pretty well covered your situation, but I would like to offer some suggestions that may help.

I purchased my TS unit about 10 years ago and had absolutly no idea what TS or II was all about. However, after a few years I had educated myself about the systems so I could get the most I could. So my suggestions are based on experience and hnope they may help you.

First, start looking at vacations ideas more than a year in advance. Second, even though your Vegas property may have a low trade value you can improve your value. There are usually a few weeks during a year at any TS property with higher demand. Book one of these weeks, even though you have no intention of using it. The higher the demand the better. To book it will require you to be ready to reserve it the instant the Marriott system allows. Third, just as there are peak periods at TS properties, there are low periods too. Vacationing to your desired destination(s) during off peak weeks, not necessarly the lowest weeks, may also help secure the destination you want. Forth, be flexible with your destination. Have two or three vacation destinations in mind, along with serveral properties, this will increase the pool of available exchanges for your Vegas week.

Using these few tips will maximuze your TS trade value and take advantage of the lower values where you want to go. It's not perfect, but it should increase your odds.

One last option with Marriott that became available on June 22, 2010, is the new MVC Destinations Points system. It is not for everyone, but it MAY help in you reach your desired location.

My disclaimer on the new MVC points system. The jury is still out on this system and lots of discussion. There is a one time fee ($600 to $700) to opt-in to this system, plus an annual fee of about $110, which consolidates all the other Marriott and II fees (except annual maintanence fees) into one and releaves the nickle and dime style fees of the past.

Hope this information helps you achieve a more postive TS experience.

Jim W

PS. I do not work for Marriott or II, just a TS owner like you.