Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New to Bluegreen...Any insight?? (by George T.):

mike1536 wrote:
georget81 wrote:
I work for Bluegreen and your right you can find things on ebay for cheaper then retail but there is some major problems with that. The biggest problem is that you can not upgrade those points if you choose to upgrade you will have a seperate deed and two maintenance fees. Also Bluegreen membership sold on ebay do not come with the member benefits of buying through a authorized agent. Beside the above you will not get bonus nights for 49-79 a night, travelerplus or bluegreen will not pay your RCI dues for you. Which if you purchase through bluegreen you will get all of that and some... remember cheaper doesn't always mean better...
=========== George, I just want to thank you for being up front about stating you work for Bluegreen prior to touting the benefits of buying from the developer. This is when the buyer has to do all his/her homework as to how they intend to use the vacation week. Just one question for you as an employee... Why all the high pressure at a timeshare sales pitch? Why can't they just tell me the highlights of the resort's program, tell me their best price, then let me get back to them in a day or two. It would save much aggravation.

Well Mike, I wouldn't say that I really fall into that pushy salesperson and I do my job productively. We just have same day purchase incentives that I don't want my clients to miss out on. You can purchase it at any time at retail value without the incentives. If you want you can take it home and look it over and think about it but when you come back you wouldn't get the discount or the price that was discussed. When someone talks with you their trying to give you the best price for that time, not tomorrow's or three weeks from now.

I don't high pressure anyone they put the pressure on themselves. All I show them is a way that they can vacation better and at a fraction of what they are already spending in hopes to give them the incentives of doing the business that day. The clients put the pressure on themselves before they even come in the door saying to themselves that someone is going to pressure them into buying something today. It's human nature, we all do it.

For example "Mike let me guess when you woke up this morning you jumped out of bed, screaming hurry up let's go see George and buy one of those timeshare things" RIGHT? Probably not. Nobody does...

GT