Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: New to Bluegreen...Any insight?? (by Tonya W.):

Hi George T

You mentioned about reserving 11 months out for peak season..Only problem with that is that they require a full weeks stay and on the Bluegreen scale, the point usage for the weekend is outrageous. Most owners don't want to burn all their points for weekend stays which is the category we fall into..So, if you look at the $$ point of view, if we booked 11 months in advance, we would essentially be paying $ 2300 for one week at a 3 star resort. Because, we of course have mortgage plus $ 420 per year maintenance and $ 120 per year club dues. Now, the mortgage will phase out in a few years, but I will still have those other 2 fees and every year, instead of using my BG points to stay at their resorts, I usually end up renting from a Fairfield (now Wyndham) owner. They have really good rates on rentals and the best part of Fairfield is that you never have to book a full week...we like doing 5 nt vacations as that is what works best for our family, so really using our points for a full week just is not feasible for us. I just end up renting our points out in 3-4 nt increments to cover our maintenance fees and club dues. Don't get me wrong, BG has some amazing resorts, and most of all, every single person who works for BG has been genuine, honest and very kind as I am sure you are...There was only 1 I ever met that I wasn't really fond of and he made pushy salespeople look like saints :-) Your info is all right on the money..I am just saying that for anyone who doesn't plan a year out, BG may not be the right choice for them.