Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Secondary market vs purchase from developer (by Adam K.):

janices62 wrote:
We bought at Sheraton Vistina Villages in Orlando in July 2006, did the timeshare presentation and understood how the system works. When we returned home, my sister and I both cancelled our units and bought resales on E-bay. She bought a two bedroom during prime season, I bought a two bedroom lockoff during high season, both came with 81,000 staroptions. The Villages (not the resort) is a Mandatory property and you are allowed to trade inside the network. You will also belong to II but you cannot convert your week to starpoints. This year we traded our unit for Harborside in Atlantis. We have school aged children and could only go in June or July. We had to call daily until a unit became available and we had to settle for a one bedroom deluxe and a one bedroom premium eventhough we had enough staroptions for a two bedroom unit. If you are more flexible with your vacation time, it will be easier for you. I would not want less than 81,000 staroptions. My seller on E-bay was "sellingshares (294*). It was a "Donate For A Cause" unit, very reasonable for what I purchased. These units become available on occasion. You can even contact the seller (Matt) by e-mail at sellingshares@gmail.com to see whats available. There is a two-bedroom available presently on e-bay which comes with 69,000 staroptions, but I think it should be 67,100 staroptions instead. Only buy from a "Mandatory Property" unless you want to return to your home property every year.

Is the Sheraton Vistana Villages the only "Mandatory Property" through the Starwood Network?