Things to know...

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Things to know... (by Howard H.):

Yes, there was free internet at the Ocean Club. Although nothing is actually for certain, I'm 99.99% certain that a tip will NOT help. There is a lot of integrity in Aruba. People really seem to want to keep their jobs.

If anything might help, it would be a fax to the Front Desk with your requests about three to five days prior to your arrival. I have done this before and they were pretty accomodating, but I am an owner. The "Company Line" is that they are supposed to issue the best view rooms to returning owners at the resort before trades or rentals. Please be advised that there are tradeoffs with almost every room.

While inside the "U" has the best views, if you are in a room that is closer to the beach end of the building, then you will probably want to use the fire stairwell to get to the pool and beach. In this instance, a lower floor isn't bad unless you love climbing stairs. There is only one laundry room on each floor (excluding first floor which has no laundry) and it is in the lower right corner of the "U" if that is important to you.

The best location in my opinion is the bottom of the "U" that looks straight out over the center garden towards the Ocean if you can get it. These units start on the second floor above the Lobby. The best way to request this is to ask for a room on any floor located directly above the Main Lobby facing the pool. If you get too specific, you run a risk. For instance, if you ask for this view on the fifth or sixth floor, they may give you a lousy view and say that they best they could do was get you on the fifth or sixth floor (which may not look to the inside of the "U"). If you give them flexability, they will usually try to accomodate you. Your request might look something like:

Our preference of room location is: 1. Above the lobby facing the pool; 2. Any room facing the Pool (higher floor preferred).

There was not a Manager's party that I recall. However, there is a weekly Marriott Surf/Ocean Club Owner's coffee and donut breakfast where the provide updates to owners about the property. Also, there is a great Cafe Britt coffee shop that can whip up a great Iced Latte in the morning!

Feel free to ask anymore questions...