Things to know...

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Things to know... (by Jerry G.):

howardh37 wrote:
I don't know anything specific about the Marriott Web Page. We have eaten at both Simply Fish and Tuscany. I thought both were way overpriced. We were eaten alive by bugs (sand fleas?) at Simply Fish. Tuscany was just so-so. I think the best restaurant on-site is Champions Sports Bar in the Ocean Club. We also like the Breakfast Panini by the pool at the Surf Club.

There are better restaurants within walking distance than the ones you mentioned at the Marriott. Some names that come to mind are Hostaria Da Vittorio for Italian and Aqua Grill or Fishes and More for Fish.

You will see a row of resaurants across from the Hyatt (three hotels down from the Marriott Compound) that will include Texas de Brazil, Benihana, Hooters, Salt and Peppar, Argentine Grill, Fishes and More, Tony Roma's and more.

In-hotel favorites of ours are the Teppan Japanese restaurant "Blossoms" at the Westin (formerly Wyndam). The Steakhouse there is good too.

Also try Sunset Grill for steak and seafood at the Radisson and be sure to order the Martini Salad (no alcohol). The salad presentation is fun. It is large enough to share.

We have been going to the Ocean Club since 2002. In 2001 we stayed at the hotel and had no intention of buying a timeshare. Well, before we left the island we had signed on the dotted line and have never regretted it. Aruba is great and the Marriott facilties and personnel are the best.

I must diagree with Howard about Simply Fish and Tuscany. Yes, they are expensive but so is everything on the island. Nothing is made on Aruba besides aloe, water and Coca Cola. Everything else has to be brought in. I guess that since I come from NY nothing surprises me.

It is our tradition to eat our first dinner at Simply Fish and the atmosphere is casual and great. You can sit on the deck or the sand and face the ocean where the sun sets right over your head (you are facing west).

Tuscany is as good a fine dining experience as you will have on the island and Aruba is full of great restauarants. You may experience a mediocre meal in Aruba but you would have to work hard to have a bad one.