Things to know...

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Things to know... (by Howard H.):

OK Jerry, put on the gloves :) Just kidding. But I do have a few things to say...

It is possible for anyone to have a bad meal so perhaps I shouldn't bash the Marriott too much. I know that I tend to be more critical than most people, about annoying little things like bugs, air conditioning, comfort of chairs, service, attitude and cleanliness. I don't just rate a restaurant by the quality of my mood, the company who is with me, my traditions, or the experience of family or romance (these are definately great things, but they are often unrepeatable experiences, or difficult at best). If I am guilty of anything, it is overrating something based on value (fast food EXCLUDED).

For example, lots of people like Madame Jeanette's. However, my experience was that I was HOT and SWEATY through the whole meal. The service was OK, nowhere near enough water served. The floor was gravel, and the chairs were plastic yard chairs. Not my idea of top notch.

I also do not rate restaurants on quantity of food for the price (El Gaucho, Texas de Brazil, or Amazonia), but rather on the quality of food (flavor, freshness, etc.). I also am not a fan of donuts and hamburgers, so I am not a good person to ask about that type of food. I have been criticized for suggesting healthier food at the Marriott and told that the greasier the burger the better (may he live to see 60).

Coming from the west coast, it is very difficult to find food as good and fresh as I am accustomed. So, I am trying to balance the best that Aruba has to offer against world class restaurants. You will never find "World Class Food" in Aruba, so as far as I am concerned, you may as well shoot for atmosphere and comfort.