Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Sunterra sold to Diamond Resorts LLC (by R. C.):

Yes, as long as we 'weeks' owners maintain a sufficient inventory of weeks, we will be able to keep going to our favorite location. From your description jleeg, Diamond Resorts International is still a bit on the short end of offerable oceanfront inventory. Thus the strategy for DRI to exercise their Right-of-1st-refusal to expand their inventory at 'discounted' rates and then resell these as non-transferrable extremely inflated points to existing owners using sleazy pressure tactics. Too bad we'll never be free of the sleazy developer as other developments have eventually were able to achieve with the complete purchase of all the available weeks. We will be forever saddled with the likes of DRI and the former Sunterra that are in the business to make money by continuing to skim $$$ from those who are not used to dealing with these types. Jleeg, I'm glad you exercised your right to cancel. I'll be very interested to hear how your Marriott and Westin experiences compare; should you go that route. DRI is a "wanna-be" to these operations; but I suspect the Marriot and Westin sales experience will be much, much different than the ridiculous pressure tactics DRI is currently using.