Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Ic M.):

I just wanted to reply to one of the comments in this thread..

Understand that I am by no means condoning the practices of many/all of the so-called timeshare advertising & resale companies around that conduct their businesses on the absolute edge of any statutory restrictions (or those even that pop up and step over the legal line to defraud consumers); however, to those of you who look to the legal system for relief against these people let me suggest that it is the legal system itself that allows this activity to take place (and for that matter forbids any actually effective retribution for the unfortunate victims in some cases).

Most of these companies ARE "legitimate" in so far as the government is concerned (Go get a $50,000 surety bond, $1500 state license and, basically, run amok with your clients credit cards).

I just think it is delusional to think a day will come when the 'law' will prevent acts of fraud when it is wholly ineffective for doing anything of the sort. The only way to stop this type of activity is with education and the very active efforts of SOCIETY to provide a better alternative to the long-abused timeshare community -- It's already happening.. This site proves exactly my point -- it just takes time.