Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by R P.):

adahiscout wrote:
Let's please not give the impression that anyone in timeshares is a scammer. It seems to be the telephone guys that you really need to be wary of. They call all the time, offering to sell or rent my timeshares--for an up-front fee to advertise. (That is what they say the fee is for and that makes it hard to argue if you pay and nothing results.) MD

The telephone guys, postcard companies and UPFRONT FEE resellers are all in the same scummy category. It doesn't matter what UPFRONT FEE resellers call their fee (marketing, advertising, selling ... whatever), it's all a scam to get your upfront money without having to lift a finger (except to hold the telephone receiver to get your credit card number).

There have been hundreds of negative testimonials here pertaining to UPFRONT FEE companies that once they get your money they are never heard from again.

They will also tell you that your timeshare is worth far more than it actually is and some will tell you that they have a buyer already in place to buy your timeshare.