Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Kevin F.):

Well, unfortunately, I think we've been hit, too. While the details are slightly different, much is the same.

We were 'given' bonus weeks to use at a timeshare (these were additional weeks that we still had to pay to use at a reduced fee, but not to use our original weeks). A company, Global Resort Services, of course told us they would gladly advertise these 10 bonus weeks for us and they would be able to get about $1400 per week (wow! 14K, we thought). So, for $599 upfront advertising fee, we bit. Now, they do have a website, and they MAYBE can call that advertising....aside from that, we have gone an entire year and never heard a single call of interest. Of course, when we call them...it's always the same....we've been getting calls about your area...it's the low season...you need to be more competitive...blah blah blah...next step, which I told them in my last phone call (today) is to contact the BBB and Florida Attorney General.

I'm afraid, however, that I'm just too late.