Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Send them ALL packing.... (by Mary D.):

ken1193 wrote:
judyd116 stated in part:

>> Received a call tonight from Land Ahoy Properities in Orlando wanting to sell my time share. <<

Since they would NEVER actually SELL your timeshare, it would be more accurate to say that they wanted you to pay them big money (it's usually around $650, but your quoted figure was apparently somehow even much higher) to "advertise" your timeshare on a lame and obscure website which no well informed and serious buyer ever even look at at all. "Land Ahoy", indeed...... =====================================

Re: >> I guess seniors are supposed to be susceptible. <<

It really has nothing to do with your being a "senior". It has everything to do with parasites like these trying to take advantage of the vulnerable state of mind of a desperate would-be seller --- regardless of their age. These worms crawl out of their holes in great numbers at this time of year, when maintenance fee bills are being sent out and arriving and disenchanted timeshare owners are asking themselves "how can I get out of this ownership?".

The "senior discount" was just fabricated nonsense anyhow, since the customary fee for these thieves is usually around $650 in the first place. Your quoted figure was still well above that amount --- even after the alleged "senior discount".

Congratulations on making the right decision and sending these parasites away without your money. You can sell your timeshare on your own with a little work in preparing some ads and placing some low cost advertising (and, of course by pricing your week realistically). You don't EVER need or want these ineffective, thieving, upfront fee "advertising and marketing" parasites in your life at all....

======

I actually had a call today from Global timeshare sales indicating that they had timeshares to sell at half the developer cost. I'm sorry now that I did not keep them talking longer. It would be nice to learn that they are really out there trying to sell the properties that have been put into their hands with an up front fee! MD