Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it. (by Beck):

Aparently we will never agree then. I'm disappointed you continue to claim I'm not telling the truth based on the fact you have no interest in seeing the truth. I offered to provide documents, and it's pretty easy to look up the deeded transfers at each county website to verify my docs are valid. Go ahead then and find another excuse why you can't find documentable proof. Based on your last response though, you aren't looking in places where you will find it and I think you know that.

Go ahead and keep your head in the sand, this is exactly why people make mistakes and blame others for events which could have been avoided. I will only provide one response to all your rebutals since the theme between us is repetitive.

I said "Heck, I haven't paid (on average to a specific company) more than $300/unit for advertising/selling and I hate paying that unless I have a very high assurance the payment results in the sale of a unit."

You then said "How can any company assure that your timeshare will sell?"

I have two responses.

First, while you continue to insist on using free or low fee vendors even though you have not provided any evidence the vendors actually result in sales, I explained that before I paid SMTN I took the time to verify the site had the most traffic of all timeshare sites in the world. As I said before I believe VRBO now has that title. The website tracking evidence was convincing to me that high traffic results in potential inquiries which provides a higher probability of bookings/sales when compared to other lower traffic sites. While I haven't paid VRBO for listings yet, their high traffic goes hand in hand with people who tell me they have success on the site. I don't get why their site works, which holds me back from paying for a listing. But I'm not letting my view about their site prevent me from admitting the site appears to work very well.

Second, I insisted with UMS that before I pay any money, we both sign a contract specifying that for each unit which didn't complete closing within 60 days, I would receive a prorated refund of the up front fee for the units which did not "sell". Since I was paid for all 11 units before the 60 days was up, I haven't asked for any refunds. I am aware of at least one unit which is still in my name though. It's a Royal Holiday Club where the maintenance for FY10 is now due. I'm trying to allow time to pass since I know RHC is very slow to transfer ownership but another clause in my contract allows me to re-posess the unit if it is not transferred out of my name when the maintenance becomes overdue.

So OK, don't believe me. Why then, have you not contacted me to see my docs? It's pretty easy to match a copy of a doc to a County record on the web these days. I know why, you don't want to find out I was telling the truth!

Let's stop arguing. We both agree there are a lot of scams. I just wish people would stop over reacting. What would be nice is if we could get legislation passed to punish more of these scam companies as well as all forms of timeshare sales tactics which cause people to pay money they probably shouldn't. and I'm talking about direct sales tactics as well as resale listing scams.