Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Quick and easy... (by KC):

bruce727 wrote:
Ken,

Where can we find those records FREE online for FL? I'll have to use that one on the next caller wanting fees up front. I can tell 'em "wait a sec, I'll do that for you!"

Florida records are handled by each individual COUNTY. I'd suggest using a search engine (e.g., Google, just as an example) and enter the name of the specific FL County of interest to you. You'll immediately get a variety of selections, which will differ by individual County, but deeds are usually within an area entitled something like "official records" or "County Clerk". Easy enough.

To easily and quickly find a specific, particular transaction, or any recorded liens or other encumbrances associated with a particular owner or property, you generally need to know at least ONE of the following items of information regarding ownership: -- grantor (seller) name -- grantee (buyer) name -- book and page number or "instrument number" of a previously recorded item associated with the grantor or grantee or property.

You can also usually look up ALL recorded County items within an identified date range, but this "shotgun" approach will also yield LOTS of other things of no use or interest to you (recorded bank mortgages, civil court judgements against people, etc.)

P.S. In the Internet era, many (but obviously not all) upfront fee parasites are now smart enough to NOT call their upfront fee a "search" fee, since too many people know already that ANYONE can search online --- for free. Most scammers looking to collect an "upfront fee" will now instead call it their "advertising" or "marketing" or "listing" fee, which is a bit more truthful (...although STILL a complete waste of money, regardless).