Resale Value

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resale Value (by Harold N.):

arturia wrote:
theresah21 wrote:
I was at the resort in May and the sales people were trying to pitch an upgrade to a 2 bedroom. (I currently own a 1bedroom). They wanted an additional $12,000. I told them I could buy a 2 bedroom unit on Redweek for less than this price plus own an additional week. The sales guy told me that when you resell your timeshare you are blacklisted from the resort...meaning when you try to book your vacation it is extremely difficult to get a week. Does anyone know how true this is. I don't believe anything those sales people tell me.

Stick to the resale market as we have had great success. I have sold and rented on Redweek and my sister bought a studio in the odd years to compliment our 2 bedroom we paid full price for. I book hers and mine at the same time and if you buy and have the deed they don't mess around like black-listing. My sister went to the owner's luncheon and they were treated like original owners and the sales reps trying to up-grade them didn't have a clue that they were not original owners.

Buy after market for sure for a better investment.

They don't know and don't care as long as you pay the maintenance fees. Why would they as they have gotten the price from the original buyer. I own various weeks at different Pueblos which I have purchased all resale and I am treated most graciously by the resorts each year when I return.