Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Be VERY WARY of who you are renting from! (by Marty F):

phill12 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
After checking into this a little more, please help me to understand why the posting you contacted this owner for is available for the dates of: Sep 1, 2007 - Sep 8, 2007. This is the only posting this owner has for Marriott's Newport Coast Villas. Did you go earlier then you were suppose to? Am I missing something here? When did you use this rental?

Thanks, Marty

Marty I'm impressed with what length you seem to be following up on this possible scam!

If this is true it is sad but what I wonder is if this Steve has been a member here for three years you would think he would respond to these charges.

I say respond on here only because the charges have been posted on Redweek! This should have been handled in private but if he has blown off the renters then its out here for all of us!

If this person isn't scamming the renters and it was a honest mistake then you would think he would gladly pay them the agreed amount! If he isn't in the wrong then why agree to pay this family $1200.

Hope after all this you do get answers and can do more than inter this in his file!

Sorry but putting a scam notation in a file just seems like slap on the wrist!

Keep up the good work!

PHILL12

We still haven't heard back from him. The whole difference in names, etc. is pretty strange in itself. We care that our company will be reflected badly by owners that aren't honest with the buyers/renters. There isn't a whole lot we can do when an escrow company isn't used but we will do as much as we can.

Thanks, Marty