Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Contacting other Westin Whiski Jack owners (by Allan F.):

Perhaps there's another web site to use for this, but I think it would be good if those of us who own a week or two at the Westin through Whiski Jack at Whistler could be able to contact each other and exchange information about our association. I'm concerned that there don't seem to be any owners who are on the association board, only employees of Whiski Jack Resorts: low or no participation by owners in the overseeing and governance of our owner association. I personally can't afford to take the time off and travel up to Whistler for the annual meetings, but I would hope that SOME of the owners would be able and willing to do that.

When I was in my unit in September, I found that the upholstry of the sofa and chairs was terribly frayed, worn through, and ugly. I had brought this to the attention of the Whiski Jack attorney who was the president of the association a year ago, but nothing had been done. I took photos of the furniture this year and showed them to the Whiski Jack staff in September. One of the staff has informed me that she is working with the Westin management to get our furniture replaced this year. I was told that the hotel replaces its furniture every four years, but I tend to doubt that; they apparently intend to make those replacements throughout the hotel in 2008, but the Whiski Jack staff person says she's working to get our units upgraded sooner than that, because our units are used almost daily throughout the year, whereas the regular hotel units are not used as much. So, I'm hopeful that I won't be seeing the ugly furniture next September when I return.

This is an example of why it would be good if we owners had a way of contacting each other outside of the association. Maybe this Redweek forum is the answer; maybe something like Yahoo or Google Groups is the way to go. I don't know; I don't know how to go about contacting all the owners through the Web.