Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: belaire golf resort and spa (by Bob K.):

So you have had a good experience in your many trips to Mexico. Congratulations and you have been very fortunate. We live in Arizona where we have to deal with the immigration problems and drug trafficking as well as kidnappings. If the Mexican Government truly wanted to make changes it needs to start within it's own ranks. It's well known that there is corruption within the government and until they make changes there will always be drug lords, scam artists and criminals out to screw trusting vacationers. It's folks like you who give not so frequent travelers a sense of security when they should be far more cautious. It is a fact that US and Canadian travelers are targets for all sorts of crime including violent crimes.

While I agree that the general population consists of very good people, I blame the government for turning a blind eye to the corruption, scams and criminal actions that have been going on for years with no attempt to do what is right. Until I see some sort of Governmental action on the part of the Mexican Government to improve things in Mexico I will not, nor recommend to anyone, to spend one red cent in Mexico. The Mexican Government will do nothing till they feel the pinch in their wallets. When the legitimate Mexican business owners, who rely on the tourists and vacationers, stand up and start speaking out to their own leaders to do something will there be change. Till then I'll vacation in the States and keep my dollars at home and encourage others to do the same.