Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: belaire golf resort and spa (by Lois J.):

I received a call the other day from a Jorge Corona who says that he is a lawyer in Guadalajara and that he would help me recover funds from my ownership in Grand Miramar. He also knew that I had gotten involved in Belaire. I told him that I was happy with Grand Miramar so then he latched on to the Belaire situation as he knew we had purchased there also. I was to sign some paper and fax it to him along with documentation and then he would recover funds for me.

I contacted friends that had been "taken" for over $50,000 when they became involved with a salesman named Richard at Grand Miramar. They said that they had also been contacted and that it a complete scam. Another gentleman named Eric Costello from the same organization in Guadalajara called the next day and I told him what I had learned and that I would not be sending anything and to take my name off the list.

I wrote earlier on this site that I had stopped at the original site of Belaire. I was told that the property had been foreclosed and that someone else had purchased it, not any of family members of Antonio Copella's family. It is hard to believe anything any more. When will it ever end..

The next day Would you believe that a man from Mexico City just called who said that he would like to help me recover funds where I was part of a timeshare scam in Mexico. I asked him where he had gotten my name and he told me that a house in Mexico had been raided and in going over the materials in the house they found my name and that of a timeshare who had taken advantage of me. He is going to send me papers sign, of course. I kept asking him where the money was going to came from but he of course just skirted the issue. La de da! This is getting ridiculous.