Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Marriott Vacation Club Questions (by David M.):

I am hoping to purchase a week at the Marriott Vacation Club in St Thomas (Frenchman's Cove). I am working with a salesperson from the Marriott, but also am very interested in the resale market. Some questions:

- I've heard that if you buy on the resale market, you don't get to convert your property to points every other year. Is this true? Are there any other drawbacks? Can I trade just as easily with a resale as with one bought from Marriott?

- I'm also curious about trading. I would want to go in October, which happens to be Silver. If I buy silver, will I still be able to trade easily within the Marriott system? I've heard from the sales guy that because it is a 2 bedroom island property with ocean views, it should be easy to trade. Is this true?

- From reading the posts, it sounds like most people trade for the year on 1 day - the first day they are allowed. Is this necessary? When is this date? What if I go on a few months before I would like to travel - will I be out of luck for other high demand island properties?

- The current pre-construction pricing for a silver week is $20,500. If I buy on the resale market, I have heard about 35% off is what I can expect. Is this right? Most people are asking about $17K. Can I expect to get closer to $14K? For $17K I would probably just buy from Marriott, since I get the points, which I would likely use as an avid Marriott member.

Thank you so much for your time. I really hope to hear from all Marriott owners on this and the program in general.