Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Mariner's Pointe Resort Ongoing Lawsuit (by Joseph F.):

Mr. Burgess' comments are a little misleading here. Since he was a partner in the original "deal" to market and sell the Mariner's Pointe Resorts, he must have known there would be trouble later with the resort. We, on the other hand, had just purchased our first timeshare unit in Myrtle Beach the previous summer (the yr. that Hurricane Hugo hit the SC coast so badly, therefore, the following year we were almost forced to trade for a resort that was more inland, which turned out to be Mariner's Pointe in TN.

As time went on, the association very badly wanted to have a "sold out" resort so they could collect all of the dues, therefore, they were offering many lucrative ways to sell their units so all of them would be sold!!! That's how we ended up with the three extra units, along the way. However, when they assessed each of their units two years, we thought that was a bit much. The first assessment being only $100+ dollars (plus their annual dues) wasn't too bad, but then the very next year when they assessed each unit $400+ dollars per unit, we thought that was a little much for the average, working class person, and my wife wrote to Mr. Burgess and told him exactly how we felt about all of it. Plus he had already told us previously told us in his email that if we were not happy there, they we were welcome to turn our units back in. We then turned in all of the 1-bedroom units & kept just the 2-bedroom unit, as that was a White unit as well, and had more trading power. So at that time we had the one at Myrtle Beach and the one at Mariner's Pointe, which we could leave to our sons. However, as it has turned out and our sons are now 33 & 35, neither of them are really interested in the time shares. Especially the younger one who is now in the Va Guard for 10 yrs. and is gearing up to return to Iraq for his 2nd stint, plus he's a cop in real life who works really odd shifts, and they just had a new baby in March '11.

So when I was forced to retire for the second time because of spinal surgery 1-1/2 yrs. ago, my life was changed forever.

Best regarss,

Joseph F. Adt VA