Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Mariner's Pointe Resort Ongoing Lawsuit (by Carol B.):

I have owned a one bedroom red week, purchased a 2 bedroom white week for only the yearly dues, and recently purchased a red week one bedroom to go with my other red week, so as to have two weeks in a row. Some of the improvements have been massive undertakings. An elevator for the 3 story one bedroom units, indoor hot tub,steam room, dry heat, also an exercise room. The outdoor swimming pool has been redecked. The exterior of the one bedrooms has been painted, with the two bedroom units still needing this. DVD players, WiFI to all units. New decks on the two bedroom units, a few years ago. Basically this had a lot of issues needing to be taken care of when the developer ran off with the money and did not pay the taxes. Yes there have been additional assessments, like the 2011 $300 per unit charge. For those who paid those right away, you were given the points or week exchange to use. I got two of those, even though all 3 of mine were paid on the same check. I took points for the one bedroom, and will be taking a week late February in the two bedroom. Perhaps the most telling about this resort is the unwillingness to adapt to the needs of timeshare folks. Years ago the WiFi was "voted" down, then it was only in the main lobby. There was a computer you could use, too. Or go with dial up in your unit. We now have WiFi. We were not informed of the change, or other changes that were ongoing. Those were found out about when we showed up for our week. Interior changes on the one bedrooms improved the kitchen/dining area. New toppers for the beds have made them more comfortable, too. Compaired to other resorts this has been kept very clean. Worn items are repaired or replaced. We have our own lake access, with the boat launch having a secure gate. The lady who owns the lake appears to be thought of and spoken highly of by some in Crossville. I guess it depends on your point of view. The shells of the newest units were not in Mariners Pointe purchase. As nit picky as the owner can be on some things, it appears she is letting these ROT. The styling of those units are like the ones in Cable , Wisconsin. My suggestion of having a trial period of allowing pets of a certain size be allowed in the 6 unit furthest building , has met with resistance from management. But talking with the owners and time share traders, they would like to have that option. THis is an area where there is the least bother to others with your dog. Dogs would have to be crated, not left alone, not bark all day or night. Basically be good neighbors, picking up after your dog as well. Most folks would get along with this. Pet friendly is the next step to the resorts. A large deposit could be required to cover any damages. This would require housekeeping or other management to look over the unit prior to the guest leaving. I believe that the older timeshares need to get with the program and allow pets. Compared to children, pets do minimal damage. I do love coming to this resort. It is relaxing. I also own in San Diego. I used to own in Las Vegas. Mariners Pointe is the best of these. The lawsuit is finished with everything remaining like it was before the lake owner bought it. Only the lawyers got rich.