Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Unit Assignment Bias @ SOK (by Heidi M.):

Hi Tommy. Man I sure hope that's not so. My family has owned there since 1994.

My experience has always been that even if I am assigned a Garden View (Because we all {I think} have to take turns yearly with an ocean front, ocean view, and garden view), when you do show up and ask for a better view, the preference is given to us as owners as opposed to Inverval International exchangers.

I find that the same is true when I exchange FROM our place to other places. Owners always get preference I make certain that as I am giving up my beautiful Maui, the resort i'm exchanging to guarantees me a like view room.

Also, don't forget that you are always able to call the Sands direct and request specific room numbers. You can do this 30 days before your arrival. The desk manager always tries to accomodate. Remember though, he/she can only do what they can do, and if it's not available, you may have to take the garden view.

Let me know if you find this to be different once you've taken a trip there okay?