Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by David P.):

I think if you can afford it and you like the timeshare experience (accommodations, locations etc...) then I think it has value. I, like everyone else, am frustrated with them because of their huge fee increases and shady ways of increasing fees hoping we dont notice.

However, being "in the Club" vs outside is definatly the way to go with them. You can trade to any club within their system for no exchange fee. We usually stay at a DRI property and rarely trade using II for that reason. I cant see paying II 150 (or whatever) if I can get better accommodations in the same place with no fee.

Their properties are usually a lot nicer than II or RCI properties of other companies. And we rarely have issues getting confirmations. I know others in this forum have experienced no availability, but I am not sure if that was within the club or not.

We typically book a long time out though since I have kids in school and need to plann around school vacations.

However, I just booked Valentines weekend in Williamsburg. Certain locations book up earlier than others and seasons affect this too, but that is not unlike any other accmmodations.

We have been able to get onto Disney property via II because we own DRI resorts which holds higher "weight" with them for some reason.

So like it or not, as frustrated as I am too with all of their non-sense, we still get use out of ours. We are now a family of 5 and would need to book 2 hotel rooms or a large suite so the cost comparison for us is comparable.

But, if you factor in the point system and get creative, you can get several weeks out of them.

We got duped by one of their "slick-talkers" one day too. He made promises that were not on ly untrue, but against their own policies. So just make sure you are getting the best deal you can and dont rely on pretty much anything they said.

To this day I am not too sorry that I upgraded, but I am sorry I upgraded with htis particular guy. I think we got value from our upgrade into the club( and continue too), but I wish my commission had gane to a more deserving person that the eel we dealt with.

I figure that if I get 2 weeks vacation a year out of my points I am "breaking even" kind of. Anything on top of that is gravy.