Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Charles S.):

I am not sure how many units are in the various pools. I am a Club member and was able to get two summer weeks in Maui at the Kanapali Beach Club in August. The rooms look pretty nice. In fact, I made the reservation about 9 months out and played around with the dates. There were PLENTY of rooms available. The issue of room availability particularly at prime weeks is a challenge for all timeshares. I experience it with my Marriot property during the summer. People get up at 6 a.m. to make a reservation for summer weeks in Hawaii with Marriott.

I have never had a lot of difficulty using DRI. Planning makes it easier. In fact, I have a room in late June including July 4th at the Coronado Beach Resort. I admit that one is difficult to get, but with some early planning and remember I am a Club member, it can be done.

Yes, I hate the fees, but DRI is not all bad. It works for me. I live within driving distance of several of their properties in California and have been able to exercise my membership with few problems.