Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Liz D.):

From val-d7@juno.com I'm VERY interested in class-action. Part of my **current dilemma….I have tried to handle my 2011 maintenance fee matter and HERE I GO AGAIN… I sure hope this MF issue doesn't turn into a NIGHTMARE!!! I just went through almost a whole year of NOT being able to use timeshare due to no fault of my own and now this!!!!!!!

WHY does my account show -4488 for my points. I had 14512 *prior using 9500points for MF today, so that's 5012 points left not 4488??? It’s bad enough, I’m being charged $45 to use "my own points" to pay maintenance fees, so what's up with the 524 point difference??? WHY and WHO keeps adding new unfamiliar fees on my account, esp. AFTER having received a bill of $1695…not $1732.96. How can I be owed a $35 credit and my MF bill was $1695 prior to [$35 a credit and $5 optional] deduction, which leaves balance of $1655. Now, all of a sudden, DRI Guest relations email says MF was $1732.96??? I NEED all my points and don't need any points taken AWAY from me. Am I to assume it shows minus until I pay remaining fees, if so, “that” I understand, but not a DEDUCTION of 524 less difference??? For HOURS, I still can't even get anyone to ever answer the phone when I keep calling [at several different divisions], nor can I leave a message for a return call!! How am I suppose to handle business and they "deliberately" are not available??? And dare them not, turn around and try penalizing me any “late” fees!!!

THIS/Below is a lawsuit [March 2010/?still pending] segment from site and not sure if editor [• Michael Levine, assistant news editor, can be reached at 245-3681 (ext. 252) or mlevine@kauaipubco.com still available. PLEASE pass on to me how to join this class-action effort. I have several NIGHTMARE incidents w/DRI.

The DRI executives said the Vacation Owners Association and the Association of Apartment Owners boards of directors, which approve in-unit and common-area expenditures, respectively, hold up to a dozen budget meetings annually to go through projected costs and gains “line item by line item by line item.” While both five-member boards have three “developer representatives” despite holding a small minority of intervals, Riddle said traditional deeded owners can change that during annual elections — which are to be held today. “If they aren’t happy, they could vote us out,” she said. “They have the power to do that.” DRI has the authority to appoint one member to each board, leaving four spots up for grabs. The VOA board, with staggered two-year terms, will be potentially replacing one developer rep and both deeded owner representatives, while the AOAO board, with three-year staggered terms, will be potentially replacing one developer rep and one deeded owner. Riddle said the voter turnout is typically 35 to 40 percent, a number that has climbed in recent years as DRI has implemented outreach programs that include an election services company to facilitate voting by proxy, e-mail blasts and Internet voting.