Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Annette R.):

I am following all this very closely. I would like to get rid of my timeshare because as I get older, I am finding less and less use for it. I started with Sunterra and was quite happy with them. Things have not been so good with DRI. First, they changed it so that you need to have membership in The Club in order to continue being able to make even internal exchanges without paying fees or going through Interval. Secondly, the fees have continued to rise every year, without there being any increase in benefits. Third, they keep changing the rules about how you can use your points without any warning, so that this year I missed the deadline for using my points to pay my fees. One plus for me is that I own deeded property in Florida, and the resort itself seems to be a good one. However, if DRI has stiffed owners at some resorts, I suppose they could do the same to any of us in the future!