Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Michael D.):

robertr558 wrote:
sherik43 wrote:
Hi Michael- If your points were paid for and your maintenance fees up to date, you could always walk away from your membership with DRI. It's written in their handbook that termination happens when you quit. The only reason they could come after you would be for unpaid loan(s).

The gag requirement sounds manipulative on their part when it is your legal right to walk away.

That is most certainly not correct! DRI will not let anyone just walk away. They will continue to bill maintenance fees, and interest on unpaid balances. They will report you to credit agencies if you do not pay. They won't let me quit. That's not in my contract. I can't walk away. I would gladly do so because they have raised the fees so high that it is not a good value any more. I asked them to let me go and the answer was no.

We owned points that were paid for, and had a full years points accrued when we walked away... We were sick of the DRI attitude and manipulative process... We plan to sue for fraud when the class action gets into the discovery process, as they knew about the water intrusion damage before we bought into DRI... As I believe any one who bought memberships before the Damage was disclosed, and discovery shows the date the damage was known, if they failed to disclose that damage and its potential costs, its a clear case of fraud... We choose to walk away rather than pay the damage assessment and the rising annual costs, that as of our last paid fee was over $ 300 per day.. The entire Points System is an ongoing fraud in my opinion, as most of these operators are selling far more memberships (periods of use) than their resorts can provide... How can the annual fee's @ $ 300 per day, equal to @ $110,000 a year per unit and rising...