Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again! (by Charles S.):

julieb608 wrote:
Our timeshare (Monarch Grand) was just bought out by DRI. this form makes me very nervous. I've been with MG for 10 yrs and our fees have never gone up, (unless we upgraded to a bigger point plan). I'm not happy to read all this

Julie, if your maintenance fees never went up then you would be one of a rare few in the timeshare industry. I don't like that DRI's maintenance fees have gone up, but I do like going to well maintained resorts. I live in California near a couple of MG resorts. I visited a couple of them and they are in need of great maintenance. I would be uncomfortable staying at them and having family or friends stay there. So looking at the conditions of the resorts and the fact that MG was in financial trouble may be the reason why DRI was able to buy them out. I am not saying DRI is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like staying at the resorts and I like the many locations they have around the world.